Thursday, March 24, 2016

Spirograph

When I ordered this I expected it to be more like the one I had growing up in the 60s.  I was wrong.  The set was much smaller than mine was but I guess there is a larger set I should have ordered instead so that is just my fault.  Now, I don't know how they made them in later years but mine had a cardboard piece that you put the circle on and then put pins through the circle to hold it in place.  It wasn't perfect but it seemed to me it worked better than the sticky stuff they include now to hold the circle in place.  This did not work very well and we had to try to hold it in place.
On a good note, my grand kids liked it and had some fun using it so even though it was not the same as my memories, it served the purpose of fun for the kids.  I also enjoyed telling them about how mine worked differently.
find it here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009VE38D2?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Block Tape for Kids Lego Toys,Building Block Tape 6 Rolls 3.3ft/Roll Self-Adhesive Brick Base Plates Non-Toxic Safe Reusable Silicone Tapes for Kids Christmas Birthday Gift

I never even knew about this stuff until I was looking for gifts for my grandkids. This stuff is really neat. It bends so you can make ro...